5 Financial Wellness Apps to Consider
Back in the day, you were lucky if you had a smartphone. These days, it’s surprising if you don’t own one. In fact, 3.5 billion people across the world are estimated to own smartphones. If there’s one thing smartphones are known for (aside from taking pictures of food and recording yourself on TikTok), it’s applications (aka “apps”). More than 37 billion apps were downloaded in the second quarter of 2020 alone.
But did you know apps aren’t only for games and entertainment? They can help with your finances as well.
From budgeting to pay access, there are several smartphone apps out there that can help you manage your money better. Let's look at five you should consider:
- Mint If you prefer an all-in-one solution to improving financial wellness, Mint may be for you. This popular app has tools for budget tracking and planning, bill and money management, credit score monitoring and more. This may also be a good app to start out with if you’re not sure where exactly you need help when it comes to finances.
- Wally Want to focus on meeting your financial goals and saving money? Give Wally a try. This app helps you hone in on these two areas by letting you centralize all your accounts, budget by category or need and track your progress. More than 150 financial experts recommend this tool for improving financial wellness.
- Prism For those who struggle with bills—specifically, paying them on time—Prism might be the best option. This app tracks bills for you and sends you reminder notifications about due dates. It also helps you manage automated bills and get a bigger picture of your expenses.
- Acorns Want to invest or save for retirement, but not sure where to start? Acorns makes it simple. More than seven million people use this app, which lets you automatically invest and/or save spare change from purchases you make every day. You’ll be able to work on your financial wellness without doing anything different in your day-to-day life.
- Spentra Last, but not least, Spentra provides unprecedented early access to 50 percent of your earned wages each paycheck. With the Spentra app, you can view your current balance, view your card activity, block/unblock your Spentra payroll card, reset your PIN, find ATMs, access earned wages and contact customer support. If you don’t have Spentra at your company, talk to your leaders and HR personnel and tell them that you’re interested!
If you’d like to learn more about the Spentra app and payroll card, contact us today.